the biting truth

 

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

the fat girl decides thirty pounds ain't too shabby

I have lost thirty pounds so far. It's good. But, I'm still FAT.

Weightloss really is a moment by moment journey. I make atleast fifty decision a day that lead towards a weightloss at the end of the week. Or a weight gain. Pressure mounts when I stand in front of the fridge, making those decisions. Or at the fast food joint, staring at the menu options. Do I go healthy or unhealthy? Cheese or no cheese? Fries or skip 'em? Dessert or fruit?? Yadda yadda. Yidda yidda. And so it goes.

Loosing thirty pounds seems to validate that I might really succeed. This time. I definitely feel a weight loss momentum. There is a push of success behind me, barreling me ahead. Now, when I consider just giving up, the number thirty flashes in my brain like a night club's neon sign. I don't want to peddle backwards. Thirty pounds is nothing to sneeze at. Only sixty more pounds and I'll be out of the "morbidly obese" category. There's something to shoot for.

4 comments:

Serenity said...

Hiya Jellybean ~

Wonderful to see you again!! Congrats on the weight loss - I for one am very proud of you!

(((Hugs)))

estroJen said...

Excellent and congrats!!! I agree that it is totally a moment by moment journey. Keep up the good work :)

zoonam

April said...

Dude...lack of posting much???????

Well it's good to have you back.

And THIRTY EFFING POUNDS?

You suck.

In the good "I'm way jealous" way.

I'm going to a buffet for dinner.

Mmmmmm.

Kim said...

Keep up the good work!!! I find that each day when I face the temptation to either eat what I shouldn't or to skip my treadmill- I simply ask the Lord "Please give me your strength right now because I have none of my own!" And some days I need to ask like 30 times! I also have been asking Him to help me make these changes so that I can glorify Him with my body-- and not simply out of my pride and vanity for wanting my outer appearance to be nicer. This is what I struggle with- focusing on my weight rather than living as a sacrifice to God. When I seek Him, it makes it easier to deny myself. When I focus on me, the the temptations grow ever stronger!

May the Lord continue to transform you with HIS strength, both inside and out!!!