the biting truth

 

Thursday, January 22, 2009

addicted to addictions

I am encouraged by my three followers. I really thought no one would care. I mean, aren't we all fighting the same things?

On that note: who doesn't have an addiction? I mean, let's get real here. We ALL are addicted to something. We all use something to cope. Smoking, drugs, drinking, sex, music, running, sleeping, television, etc. Whatever we do to make ourselves feel better. My problem is that MY addiction shows up on the outside. AND society does not accept fat people. Smokers? OH yeah, they're so cool. All the movie stars do it. Drunks? Parties? At least they all look good in the midst of their addictions. But, rest assured, I have no doubt that they hate their addiction the way I hate mine.

I do wish I was addicted to running as opposed to eating. At least I'd be skinny. Sigh. It truly is unfair.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hey! I don't know where you found my blog but I see you following so thought I'd stop by. I'm glad I did. I for one HATE smoking. It killed my dad and permeates my inlaws house. Not fond of drunks either although I do have a few drinks myself, maybe 3 times a year.

I don't need to lose more than 20 pounds myself (I'm trying to be honest cause, hey, there's pictures on my blog) but I'd love to hang around and support you if that's okay with you.

Anonymous said...

I have a stupid addictive personality too. I hate it, hate it, hate it!