the biting truth

 

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

from the head to the heart

I think I am the most nutritionally educated fat girl out there. People make the mistake of assuming I am ignorant when it comes to calories and fat grams. Don't judge a book by its cover. Or a fat girl by her flab. I know what I should be eating. I just don't eat what I should be eating. You know?

I read labels. I try to eat high protein and high fiber products. When I buy groceries, I don't buy junk. Of course, if junk gets brought into my house from other sources... I am a weak woman. I consume the junk! But, back to labels. I read them. I know what makes a "healthy" meal. Believe it or not, our meals are healthy. They are not fried. There are vegetables on the plate. Lean meat. High fiber carbs. Yadda-yadda.

The problem is not knowledge. It is my heart. My heart longs for the taste of chocolate. I want it. I can tell myself all day long how bad it is for my body, and my heart still longs for it. How do I get the head knowledge down into my heart? How do I really have freedom from this addiction?

6 comments:

Alicia said...

I am the same way! However, I do buy some junk food with intentions of ME not eating it...but in the end it sure was good lol! My worst habit is watching TV and thinking I have to have something while I am watching tv. I dont know why but I associate TV with food. Be strong, you can do it!

Jennifer said...

It is incredibly hard to deny yourself of the things that feel so good...and food feels VERY good, especially chocolate. I hear Dark Chocolate is good for you, but like everything else in moderation. Bah! Moderation.

My weakness is cookies warm out of the oven. Its horrible!
Hang in there :)

dmelen said...

I completely understand. I am one of the most educated fat girls also. I can tell people what to eat and how to work out. I know all that stuff. I just don't do it myself. Back in the day, I was fit and thin, but healthy. Too bad I can't follow my own advice. too bad the "bad food" calls my name and I just love it.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I found you from Tonyas blog. I can really relate to what you write. And I am totally addicted to Chocolate too! and cake. and cookies...and...and....you know.

Hccm said...

I don't know what I am going to do in a few months when I have the twins, because I use them as an excuse to eat. The truth is I would eat even if I wasn't preggers.

I needed to share that.


Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Furry Bottoms said...

Goodness Gracious! Are you me?! I am as educated as you when it comes to nutrition, but I am still a sugar addict and have the NEED to taste chocolate or Oreo Cakesters, it is just my heart. I know it's wrong and not healthy BUT... there is always a BUT...