the biting truth

 

Sunday, January 25, 2009

not me monday

Who doesn't want to really confess? Not me. Check it out at MckMama's blog for the Not Me Monday fun.


FAT GIRL CONFESSIONS


It was not me who baked a cake, frosted it and ate way too much of it. I would never sabotage my own dieting efforts. I am certainly not my own worst enemy.


It was not me who threw the bathroom scales under the bathroom sink so that I would not have to look at them. I am not afraid of knowing my weight. I am not in denial.


It was not me who tried on three different outfits today before church. I did not stare at the huge bulge I call my stomach as it protruded grotesquely from underneath my pretty sweater. I did not blurt out to the empty room, "that just doesn't look right." That body is so not me.


Sad, but true. Or not. Whatever.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the post, loved the others too. Yes I went and read all of them. You have a very good way with words. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more.

Be blessed!

Jennifer said...

Aw I'm with you on all this!! :( Hang in there! In the words of my fav. song "Nobody said it was easy...but no one ever said it would be this hard...." [coldplay - The Scientist]

Mary Teresa said...

Welcome to Not Me Monday! I think that the internet is a wonderful place for support and blogging is on of the best. It's an awesome thing how people can care. Best wishes and I'll be back.=D

Christa @ Quintooples said...

Oh, how I relate.

You are soooooo not alone. I am 71 pounds away from a good weight. It's not from having babies either. I was just as fat before I had babies, as I am now.

I try, and I try....

Anonymous said...

You'll get there. Baby steps.

dmelen said...

I stay away from the scales. But I can't stay away from CAKE! UMMMM

Alicia said...

Great Not Me's! I can relate with you all to well. I know...it is so frustrating. But you can do it! Make small goals to obtain your larger goal!

I look forward to reading more of your posts! Have a great day!