the biting truth

 

Sunday, February 1, 2009

first weigh-in of the year

Well. I have lost eight pounds. I think I weighed myself about three weeks ago. Sometime in January. I only want to weigh-in every month. I think that will be a more accurate measurement of my weight. Instead of the daily fluctuations. Weight even fluctuates on a weekly basis with a woman's cycles, etc.

But mostly, I want to weigh every month because I do not want my WEIGHT to be the determiner of my success. We place way too much emphasis on weight loss. We should be celebrating the change in our behavior pattern. I want to be more excited about watching myself become free from the food addiction rather than being excited about loosing eight pounds. Know what I mean? It is the changes that will last a lifetime. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

Good for you and congratulations! Keep up the awesome work.

Denise said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is an awesome start to the new year.

Alicia said...

That's great! I am so happy for you! Way to go!