the biting truth

 

Sunday, February 1, 2009

first weigh-in of the year

Well. I have lost eight pounds. I think I weighed myself about three weeks ago. Sometime in January. I only want to weigh-in every month. I think that will be a more accurate measurement of my weight. Instead of the daily fluctuations. Weight even fluctuates on a weekly basis with a woman's cycles, etc.

But mostly, I want to weigh every month because I do not want my WEIGHT to be the determiner of my success. We place way too much emphasis on weight loss. We should be celebrating the change in our behavior pattern. I want to be more excited about watching myself become free from the food addiction rather than being excited about loosing eight pounds. Know what I mean? It is the changes that will last a lifetime. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

Good for you and congratulations! Keep up the awesome work.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is an awesome start to the new year.

Alicia said...

That's great! I am so happy for you! Way to go!